Thursday, September 6, 2012

Command Center

I have been wanting a command center for quite some time now so I can be more organized and I got the chance when we had to move the window for our remodel project.  I did a lot of looking on Pinterest for ideas and I collaborated them into my own...
 
 
 
I picked out the green paint color to go with my "Menu" vinyl and painted the trim around the window.  The wall color is a cream.  I bought some small 6 x 6 canvas and cut out a vinyl saying to put on 2 of them.  I chose "Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite".  I printed a picture of us on tissue paper (I can do a segment on that too if you would like) and modge podged it to the canvas.  I made the three stars out of scrapbook paper that matched my color scheme.

This is what sits on my desk.  I have 3 chicken wire baskets that I bought at save-on-crafts.com for $1.32 a piece.  I also got the rustic flower box and flowers on there too.  The brown drawers holds all my phone books, birthday lists for our family, and other business cards.

I cut this all out of vinyl with my Cricut.  I used chalkboard vinyl for the squares and got a chalkboard marker to write my menu on.  I put it on the side of my pantry and it is so helpful.  I can just look at that every morning and see if I need to get anything out of the freezer. 

I just think this is so cute!  I love the rustic chic vibe that it gives off :)  And I LOVE hydrangeas!

I got this bar stool from my mom who was getting rid of them.  I had my father-in-law cut the legs down so I could put it under my desk and out of the way.  I painted it the same green (Luau- Sherwin Williams) that I painted the trim.

I bought this on the back to school sales at Wal-Mart.  I wasn't even sure what I was going to use it for yet, I just knew it matched my desk area.  I ended up covering some ugly file folders iwth scrapbook paper and using it for its intended purpose.  I have 5 file folders in there right now.  Menu Planning, Budget Planning, Vacation Planning, Family Planning, and Login Information.  I keep all my blank planning lists in them so all I have to do is grab a sheet and go.  It has been so handy.  I keep one of each sheet with the word "original" written in yellow highlighter on it so I know I need to use that one to make copies from.  You can only use the yellow highlighter to make this work so the copier doesn't pick up that word.  I tried the pink... ruined all 20 copies :(
 

I looked all over for these chicken wire wall baskets!  I spent one whole day search the internet for these!  I saw some I liked at Pottery Barn but was not willing to pay the price for them.  I ended up finding these at worldmarket.com and I couldn't be happier.  They are exactly what I was lookng for.  You can even fit a file folder in it.  I labeled one Budget and one Mail.  These are the 2 most common things at our house. 

These are Marketside salad dressing bottles from Wal-Mart.  I had bought the dressing for a potluck salad so I didn't look cheap with Great Value and decided I really liked the "milk bottle" shape.  I cleaned them out and put rubber bands, binder clips, and paperclips in them.  Reuse and Recycle!


No comments:

Post a Comment