Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring Eggs


To make these cute eggs for my nests on the mantel, I took a real egg and stuck a nail in both ends to make a hole.  Move the nail around carefully in a circular motion so as not to crack the egg.

Blow on one end to push the egg out.  It actually looks really gross!
Make sure your eggs are completely dry before the next step of painting.  I grabbed some of my scrapbook paints, a foam paint brush, and toothbrush.
Paint the eggs with the springy blue color and let them dry.  I just turned over the egg carton and used that as a drying stand.
After they are dry use the toothbrush to "flick" brown speckles on to the eggs.




This is a super easy, fun, and most of all FREE way to make Spring-y eggs.  Now, I just need to make sure they don't fall off the mantle... because they will end up like Humpty Dumpty if they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment