Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Crumb Topped Pumpkin Bread

 I can cross another thing off my bucket list now!  Let me tell you something about my husband...  He LOVES anything pumpkin!  And who doesn't like the crumb topping that goes on top?  So I combined the two.  He has been working hard in the field the last several weeks and I wanted something special waiting for him when he came in last night.  



It was so delicious, but even more so right out of the oven!


Crumb Topped Pumpkin Bread
1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 c. pumpkin 
1/3 c. coconut oil (I'm sure you can substitute another oil, we just use coconut for most things now)
1/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. applesauce
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
Topping
1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/8 c. sugar
1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 c. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease 8 mini loaf pans. (I used my Pampered Chef pan that has 8 mini loaves in one pan)  Combine all dry ingredients.  Gradually add remainder of ingredients and mix together.  Do not overmix.  Pour evenly in mini loaf pans.  Combine all topping ingredients and crumble on top of bread.  Kind of press the crumbs into the batter so it sticks together better when it comes out.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Let cool for a few minutes and place on wire rack to finish cooling.

Verdict:  Hubby thought they were fantastic!  We liked the combination of the crumb topping on pumpkin bread.  They were super moist and hit the spot after a long day in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment