Saturday, February 27, 2016

Spring Canvas

With all this nice February weather, I have been in the mood to get my spring decorations out.  I found a 20 x 20 canvas on major clearance last summer and knew it would eventually come in handy.  I created a design of what I wanted to put on the canvas and cut out my vinyl with my Silhouette Cameo.
 This is the canvas I bought, not exactly my style, but I couldn't pass up the bargain price.
 I cut out the circle frame first and weeded all the parts out that I didn't want.
 Then I transferred it to the canvas.

 It is super important to brush a thin layer of mod podge over the vinyl to seal the edges.  This helps keep the edges down so when I paint, it doesn't run under the vinyl.
 I spray painted the canvas with Krylon Chalky Finish Colonial Ivory and made sure it was completely dry.  Then I peeled up the orange vinyl to reveal the colored circle design.
 I chose to cut the word design out of a darker purple and centered it in the middle of the circle.  At least I think it's centered... I always have a hard time with that part!
 Tada!  Here is the finished canvas that will join my other spring decor on the mantel.
Keep checking back for a post on my spring decorations!  My goal this afternoon is to get my winter stuff put away and my spring stuff out.

No comments:

Post a Comment