Friday, March 4, 2016

Spring Has Sprung!

 Spring is just around the corner!  Although it appears to have made it's way to Kansas a couple weeks ago and we couldn't be more thrilled!
My mantel.  Most things are the same as last year.




 On top of the china hutch.
 On top of the piano.  I took an old frame that I had a spray painted it, stapled some cream colored burlap to the back, and layered this printable that I designed in Photoshop.



On this piece, I found an old piece of wood shingle in the barn that was just begging for some pretty floral design.  I took a napkin, peeled off the 2 white layers and mod podged the thin floral piece to the wood.  Then I sanded around the edges, cut some vinyl, and presto!  A free spring accent!  This sits in my window sill in the kitchen and is a cheerful reminder in my early mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment