Thursday, August 7, 2014

Cousinsville Hospital

Things have been super busy around here, as I'm sure they are for all of you!  Cousinsville Hospital happened several weeks ago, but I will try to recount everything from memory.

It was the Isch Cousins Camp and every year they come up with a theme and we are privileged to be 
invited!  This year was a hospital that required us to come with an injury so these educated doctor's and nurses could fix us all.

I bought a cheap shirt at Wal-Mart and spray painted a tire black.  Then just rolled it over the shirt to appear like I had gotten run over.

Then I had to get creative with some dollar store make-up, a wrap bandage, and a Sharpie marker.

It was a hoot to see what everyone else had come up with.  Lizzy had been attacked by a fox, a porcupine, and a skunk! (Though she did NOT smell :)
 She got real with her quills (toothpicks, glue, and make-up)
 I think her daughter was slightly embarrassed.  Hehe.
 Max helping Doug try to remove a fishing lure from his ear.
 All the cousins from the Hospital staff.
 I had to sit by Marjorie at supper, which may have made me lose my appetite a bit.  I'm not sure what all you can tell in this picture, but if you look closely, you may see "lice" in her hair, hair hanging from her chin, neck, and even coming out of her ears.  More pictures of her to come.
Our place settings were so cute.  We had a menu that we got to pick from with our cute syringe pens.
The food was abundant and so much tastier than a hospital for sure!

So when we got to the hospital we had to register with the receptionist and got an appointment time.  After supper they started calling us back to the bedroom to fix us up.   

 This is Marjorie's leg that had glued spiders on it.  She just used Elmer's glue and sprinkled pumpkin pie spice on it to make that color.
 Here she has a ribbon under her bandage to look like tape worm.
 She cooked spaghetti and held it in with a piece of a plastic glove.  If my memory serves me correctly, this was the point when Nurse Colton got sick and had to leave the room.

 Max got a knee brace around his ankle and child's crutches to help out his bad knee.
So much fun and memories!  You kids did a fabulous job in organizing this all!



No comments:

Post a Comment