Monday, April 21, 2014

Surprise Weekend Guests

I pulled it off!  I actually was able to surprise Jacob with some very good friends of ours from Illinois.  Jake has been trying to get them to come out for well over 3 years now, and it has never worked.  He has tried to get them to meet us in Iowa and surprise me, or come out here and surprise me.  So Erika and I decided to turn it around on him and surprise him for his birthday a few weeks early.  I wasn't sure how it was going to go until Friday morning.  He needed to run to town for some errands and I needed some groceries, so we went to Emporia after I got off work.  They showed up while we were gone and I had him help me carry in groceries.  There they were in our kitchen with a cake, candles, party hats, and noise makers.  It worked out great!
Jacob, the perfectionist that he is, had to get the tape measure out to cut all pieces equally.  He has memories of when he was younger and if you divided the piece of gum, candy, etc. in half then the other person got to choose which piece they wanted first.  So he HAD to make sure this was fair.

I just love that sweet Nora sucks on her two fingers and plays with her ear when she is tired.  

Ty and Jake were BFF's this weekend.  He wanted to wear Jake's boots around the house.

Best buddies here.  They were leaving and Ty said, "Bye Jake, I want to give you a hug."  It was SO cute!

Me and Ty.  Doesn't he look vicious! 

And Nora, with her signature look.

Thanks for making the extra effort to travel with the kids and come see us!  We are so blessed to have such great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment