Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Knapp Christmas Letter 1999

My family Christmas was this past weekend and my mom had all of our past Christmas cards and letters taped up on the wall.  It was so much fun to look back and laugh and see what we were like.  I am going to share my favorite letter with you.  It's from 1999...

     Season's Greetings to all!  This year I suggested that each on tell a little about him/herself.  You can weave them together and get a picture of our busy household.
     My name is Darrin.  I'm 5, and I love kindergarten!  It is fun to learn things and play with my friends.  I also like playing with our dog, Shana, and building things with Legos.  I had the chicken pox.
     I am 7 years old.  My name is Travis.  I am in the second grade.  I am working hard this year.  I like school.  I like to read books.  It is fun.  At home, I like to ride my bike and help Dad sell pigs.
     My name is Wyatt.  I'm 9 years old, and I'm in 3rd grade.  I like my teacher, Mrs. Moehle.  I love to read!  I have a BB gun; I'm not a good shot yet.  I like to help Dad in the hogbarn.
     Hi!  This is Derek.  I'm in 6th grade.  I like Social Studies and Language Arts.  P.E. is my favorite "special".  I like to go coon hunting, fishing, and helping Dad in the hogbarn.  In the mornings, Dad sings hymns to us to wake us up.  It is very annoying.
     I'm Krystal.  I am 13 and in the 7th grade.  I enjoy reading, crafts, sewing, baking, and playing the piano.  I babysit and enjoy that very much too.  I was in volleyball this year.  I like talking and having fun with all my friends.  I love writing letters and have lots of pen pals.
     Hi!  My name is Trevor.  I'm 15 years, 6 months, 22 days, 3 hours, and 23 seconds old.  Marital status: single.  Health: good.  Social Security #: available upon request.  For a more detailed description check your post office. (As you can tell, he keeps things lively around here! :)  I am a sophomore and in FFA.  I like fishing, hunting, and figuring out how to fix things.  My current project is overhauling the four-wheeler.
    Hi!  I'm Kyle, and I am 16 years old.  I am a junior at Mediapolis High School.  I am in FFA.  I can be found hunting, fishing, camping, or working.  The highlight of the year was when I got my own truck.
    Hey, Jordan here.  I am a senior this year.  I've finally gotten around to spending some of that rotten money that I had been keeping around by purchasing a car, a computer, and a few power tools.  Since purchasing the preceding items lowered my funds, I am looking for a higher paying job.  I also got a little hunting in this year.  Labor Day weekend a few cousins and I went to Kansas dove hunting.  Also in the hunting agenda this year were pheasants, rabbits, ducks, geese, coyotes, and coon.  I plan on going to South Dakota next spring for a prairie dog hunt.  At school I have been keeping busy in an Independent Study course with my shop teacher.  My duties range from editing movies and maintaining the network to building a shed for our dust collector.  I am also the Vice President for the local FFA chapter and attended National Convention in Louisville, Kentucky this year.  For more information e-mail me at rem_22_250@hotmail.com.
    Brian & Lorna- The time seems to go faster and faster each season.  May we all stop and pause awhile, thinking about where we are in life.  Be thankful for the little things.  It is a constant struggle to keep this household focused on the big picture and not on the things of this life.  May we constantly strive to lay up our treasures in Heaven, not on earth.  Brian's health has been good, thanks be to God and the many prayers of you loved ones.  May you have likewise experienced His goodness in 1999.  We pray God's grace, mercy, and peace for you in the new year.
                                                                     Love, The Knapp's


I hope you all enjoyed this letter as much as I did!  We all got a good chuckle out of it and I wanted to pass it on to you :)  I am hoping to get pictures downloaded of the weekend so check back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment