Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mighty Mississippi

I went back to Iowa for a week and one of the first things I got to do was go on the river and help Grandpa bring in the lines.  I have very fond memories of doing this as a kid growing up.  Of course, this also meant sacrificing some beauty sleep.  I was up at 5:00 to be down at Grandpa's and ready to go at 6:00.  I got there about 5:45 only to find everyone still sleeping- so I took a walk.  It was gorgeous and I spent some alone time with God.  
Good morning from the mighty Mississippi



Lee & Laurie Wilson joined us as they were heading to Ohio and stayed overnight at Grandpa & Grandma's.  Laurie helped put the boat in.

Backing the boat into the river.



A very special man in my life- my Grandpa.


 
Mr. & Mrs. Wilson

Regrettably, my camera died before we even started pulling in the lines.  This photo is courtesy of Laurie Wilson.  74 catfish!  This was only the 2nd best pull Grandpa has had in the many years he has been doing this.  Look for a fish fry in the future :)






No comments:

Post a Comment