Monday, June 8, 2015

7 Years With My Best Friend

Seven years ago today I said "I do" to my best friend in front of all our family and friends.  It's hard to believe that 7 years ago we started this journey of marriage.  I have learned so much since then and am so glad we are seven years into it :)  

We celebrated yesterday since Sunday is the only day my husband can't work and I knew that's the best chance at seeing him I would get.  I'm thinking I probably won't be seeing him until July sometime, except for Sundays!

He chose the beginning of our celebration by target practicing down at the river.

I got a blue glass bottle and a toilet.  Yes, a toilet.  Apparently someone thinks the river is a good place to dump a toilet.


 Then we did a traveling supper.  We went to Applebee's for appetizers.
 Pulled pork Nachos
 Srirracha Shrimp

Our main dish was at a new Italian restaurant in town.  It was absolutely delicious and came highly recommended.


 My handsome date  
 Then we went to the local zoo and walked around awhile.

 About the biggest animal this zoo has is buffalo.  They do have a mountain lion, emu, and some lemurs.  It's very small town, but their landscaping and flowers are the most impressive I would say.  I should have taken more pictures of that.
Then we had to do ice cream for dessert, of course.  We were going to do more of a sit down place, but the weather started looking pretty bad so we grabbed ice cream for the ride home to get ahead of the super cell.  

We are looking forward to what year #8 has to bring!  We give God all the glory and feel so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment