Monday, June 23, 2014

Quality Time in Iowa

Jacob was able to go to South Dakota with all my brothers and my Dad for some prairie dog hunting several weeks ago.  So I got to spend some quality time with my sister-in-law, niece, and nephews.  I think I got the better part of that deal!


Baby L was such a sweetheart!  I enjoyed getting to cuddle with her at nap times and listening to her giggle.  Could she be any cuter?
 We spent a lot of time playing with the boys.  We played baseball, where I was informed that when their Dad pitches to them, they can hit all the balls, but when I did the pitching, well... it wasn't very good ;)


We went on a bike trail one afternoon.  The 2 older boys on their bikes and the rest of us walking or getting pushed in the stroller.  It was a beautiful day to be out in nature!
 T hamming it up!
 He found a "fishing pole" on the trail, so we stopped at one of the bridges and caught some fish.

 The boys were entertained for quite awhile seeing how far they could throw rocks into the river.
 We played at a neat park for a little bit before heading home for some naps.

 When I looked at my Ipad after the weekend I found about 80 pictures like this.  I am not exaggerating.  At least 80 pictures!  Someone learned how to take selfies :)
 

I will always cherish the memories I get to make with my nieces and nephews.  I can't wait until I can see them again!


1 comment:

  1. As always, I love reading your posts! Your nephew's selfies remind me of the old flip books where the pictures change gradually from page to page and when you flip through it quickly they look animated. So I scrolled quickly and it was fun to see your nephew's face "break out" into a smile! :-) Roz

    ReplyDelete