Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Latest Projects

 I have been super busy and absolutely LOVE crossing things off my to do list!  I have been working on a few projects for my sister-in-law.  This first one is such a cute idea!  It is a book with a list of 20 questions that she asks the kids every year and sees how their answers have changed.


I thought it would be neat if she put a picture of the kids on the left hand side of the page to match how old they were when they answered the questions.


This is a Your Story.  It is a book binder and laminator.  I designed and printed the pages using photoshop and used Your Story books that have a strip of glue down the center.  I put the pages in and stick it in the machine to melt the glue and adhere the pages to the binding.

The next project for her is a wooden sign for the little girls bedroom.  I designed and cut this using my Silhouette software.  I weeded the vinyl so I would have a negative to use as a stencil on the sign.  I have the paint to paint the lettering on, now I just need the time :)

I have also been working on a calendar for my mom for Christmas.  One of us girls does one for her every year with pictures of all of us.  This is the first time we have done digital so we'll see how it goes.  I did all the designing in Photoshop Elements with various kits that I got free online.  If you see one that you want to know what it is or where I got it, just let me know and I will try and find it.  You may notice that I haven't collected pictures from everyone yet so this is just a sample :)








I have also been busy baking for church serving and helping Jacob work cattle.  It has been beautiful weather here and we have been trying to get some things winterized outside.  A cold front came in last night and I'm afraid winter may officially be here!  I do have until December 22nd to still work on my fall bucket list though, right?  I definitely know we will not be getting the "Camping out in the back of the truck under the stars" done anymore this fall.  Bummer.  I didn't realize I needed to be doing that in August/September since it gets so cold at night by October.  
P.S.  I love comments!  (If anyone actually follows this blog...)

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this.. . Makes me want to get busy. Susan Stone

    ReplyDelete