Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Old Fashioned Dinner Bell

In the beginning... this dinner bell has always been on the farm.  We asked Grandpa where it came from and he said it had been there as long as he can remember.

A close up of the bell.  It looks like originally it was silver and Grandma had painted it white.

It needs a lot of TLC.
This is what it looked like all over.  We used a steel brush and scraped as much paint off as we could and roughed up the surface.

Jacob painted the pole section while I painted the bell

A work in progress...

The finished product.

I am SO glad I went with black.  Jacob didn't think he would like it so I was kind of nervous that it wouldn't end up being what I had pictured in my head.  I LOVE how it makes the lights and hardware on the garage pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment