Monday, March 9, 2015

Bedroom Makeover

I'm starting you off with a few "BEFORE" pictures.  Yes.  I realize their is a roll of tp on our dresser.  No.  We do not have any Kleenex's in our house.  Yes.  It has been cold season here.  I hope that clears up the tp question for everyone.  If I would have noticed it before I took the pictures, I would have moved it.  If I would have noticed it before I uploaded this picture, I would have edited it out.  So there you have it.
And no.  I don't normally make my bed, but when I do... it looks much better than that.  I promise, Mom!
So our bedroom has been Lamb's Wool ever since Jacob moved in here.  In fact, when we got married, his whole house was this color.  I finally decided on what I wanted, but needed to wait until the paint police (aka my husband) was gone.  He went to a No-Till conference for a few days in January so I tackled the project then.  He was unaware of what was taking place back on the home front.
Trimming is done!  My least favorite part of painting.
Finished.  I used the color Rainwashed by Sherwin Williams.  It's kind of a light blueish/greenish.   It's hard to capture it with a camera.


My husband absolutely loves it when I pack his lunch.  Can you tell?  It is my least favorite thing to do at 6:00 in the morning, but this makes it a little easier.

Bedspread is Lauren Conrad from Kohl's
White vase and plant are both from IKEA.
Ruffle Pillow is also from IKEA.  I absolutely love this chest.  It is from a local dealer here in Kansas.
It has a bird-printed burlap on top that I think just ties this piece all together.


This is the color I used.  It looks more green here than the above pictures, but this is it!

So when said paint police arrived home, it was just after midnight.  He came into the bedroom and went to pull the covers back and noticed the bedspread was different.  He left the room to get a flashlight and at this point I am awake, pretending to be asleep.  I truly didn't think he would notice until in the morning when he got up, so I am now preparing myself for his anti-painting comments.  He comes back in with a flashlight to look at the bedspread and then started shining it around the room.  He claims he smelled fresh paint too.  At this point I am laughing silently to myself and he decides he didn't care if I was "asleep" and flips on the lights.  I couldn't pretend anymore.  He caught me.  He said he really does like it!  He just thinks I like to paint way too much and it drives him crazy.  That's part of my job right?  Driving him crazy.

1 comment: